Friday, October 21, 2011

Sa-mo'-a-that-please!

I actually have a board on Pinterest titled "My Husband Wants Me to Make This." That is where most of the sweet stuff that I have pinned has landed. It's full of caramely, coconuty, chocolatey sweetness. So you would think that when I came across this pin, I would have pinned it to this board.

But I didn't.

I love Girl Scout Samoa cookies. (Now called Caramel deLites? I mean, that just makes it seem like they have fewer calories than they used to. And to my knowledge, they don't.) I know it is up for debate in most households which is the best Girls Scout cookie. But not mine. This is it. This is The One.

So I saw this recipe, and I had to try it. My original plan was to make them as a surprise for my husband to take with him on a weekend with a bunch of men from our church. But after all the effort that went into them, the thought of sending all two dozen of them with him only to be devoured in about 5 seconds by a bunch of hungry men inspired me to whip up an easy batch of butterscotch chocolate chip cookies. He took about 5 of the Samoas with him, but left the rest home for both of us to enjoy over the full week. Good decision, hubs.

So here's the recipe. As she states, it's not really a whip up, scoop, bake, and finish kind of cookie. It takes time. But oh man, is it worth it. My husband and I both agree that they even get better after a couple of days in the fridge.

This is my actual final product. I will try to improve on the picture taking...

1 comment:

  1. WHAZZAA! I don't even like coconut and that looks so dang good!

    ReplyDelete