Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm Offensive

So as it turns out, I'm afraid of offending people. I didn't know this about myself before really processing why it is I don't blog as often as I'd like. I mean, I have A TON of thoughts, and daily I find myself thinking, "I should blog about that." And then I don't. Why? Because maybe it contains some questionable material. Maybe I would use a word that isn't pretty. Maybe I would reveal something about myself that people didn't know, and then they'll stop liking me. So maybe it isn't a fear of offending people. Or maybe it is. And that the consequence of being offensive is having less people like me. 

That's really strange for me to think about, considering that most people I'm close to are people who I'm really not afraid to share my thoughts with at all. I disagree with people a lot. And I'm okay with that. So why am I afraid of putting my thoughts on a blog for all to see and form their own opinions about? I'm really not sure. But it feels different somehow. 

But here's the thing: I need to do this. I need to have an outlet where I don't have to censor my thoughts. Regardless if you get offended. And if you do, I'm sorry. Have a conversation with me. I'd love to talk to you about it. But in the meantime, I have to allow myself some freedom. 



* I hate that the Chase commercial singing "Frreeeeedommmm, frreeeedoooommm,...." is stuck in my head right now. You know the one? And now you're singing it, too? Ok, good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment