Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't Try This At Home

I was all giddy last night as I took the leftover quinoa from dinner and the two ripe bananas and started to make a pudding out of them. I kept thinking, "wow, my blog readers are gonna be so impressed. This is gonna be all over Pinterest. I'm about to be a star." (Or something along these lines.) 

I measured some stuff out, took note about how much of this, and how much of that. I was all methodical and prepared to become your idol after I posted my masterpiece to my blog. It was brilliant. I was brilliant.

And then I finished.

Well, almost. Then I added the vanilla immediately after removing from heat. This is important, and I was going to tell you that.

And then I finished.

I poured it into a tupperware container to let cool. 

And then I realized something.

I forgot the egg.

Fail.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so you MUST know that even the most highly acclaimed bakers out there make mistakes in the kitchen!! I was watching Dr. Oz a couple of weeks ago while folding my dozens of loads of laundry and Paula Deen was on that day making some of her recipes healthier. She was all ready to WOW the audience with her famous mac-n-cheese.... It failed!

    It came out of the dish as a brick of hard, nasty elbow macaroni noodles. So... Don't give up. I'll look forward to seeing the ways in which you WOW me on these pages. I'm so excited about sharing this part of life with my sister. :0)

    ReplyDelete