Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Best Road Map

Do you have a therapist? You should. No, really. You should. And it should be someone that you really like and that you feel like you can tell everything to. I mean, I have other people in my life that I can tell everything to, and that's a good thing. You should have that, too. But there's something very different about telling someone who has no bias whatsoever. It's very freeing. It's very validating. I highly recommend it.

Thank you to everyone who has spoken kind words to me, either in person or via the web. Those words mean so much to me, and I do not take them lightly. Through this journey I have become closer to many who have shared that they were struggling with similar things. There is life in community. Don't go it alone.

I actually wanted to share something else today, but wanted to give you that quick update.

Here is what I wanted to share:

Nearly every day my husband and I read a small devotional together and pray. Our schedules sometimes differ, and sometimes he leaves before I make it out of bed. On those days, I will often read the devotional and spend some time in prayer on my own. The book is called Jesus Calling, and is written as if it were Jesus speaking. Today's devotion reads,

Let me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You'd feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: Spend quality time with Me. 
I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus, you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presence is the best road map available.


This speaks to me today. And I felt like I should share it.




No comments:

Post a Comment